And a few days actually… anyway we celebrated by taking them to the pumpkin patch! I tried to come up with a clever way to combine piglets and pumpkins, alas I am zombified.
The pumpkin patch was pretty fun! We went on cheat day for our diet, which was exciting because I chugged a vanilla latte with real sugar and scarfed down 3 birthday cake pops faster than my husband ate 1 on the hour drive. There were so many strollers and babies once we got there! It kind of freaked me out to be surrounded by domestics, but then I remembered that we looked pretty much at home what with the double stroller and giant diaper bag and all. The twins had fun, or I think anyway. I dont really know how much fun they have out doing activities opposed to crawling around the house trying to eat dog food. Anyway. Here they are trying to
eat hay and dried corn kernels having fun in a nifty old radio flyer photo prop thing.
Today the twins visited the doctor for their 9 month check up and torture session. They only got one shot, as we opted out of the flu vaccine, so it was not as bad as I feared. Here are some stats.
- 27 1/4” long, 17lb 14oz
- Sits up on her own
- Can crawl kinda mostly
- Tries to stand up free style
- Has face planted hard a handful of times and lets not forget the “head meet the staircase banister” incident.
- Says “dadaaadadaadaada” and “maaamamaaamaama”
- Cries hysterically when we clap our hands and go “Yayyyyyyyyy”
- Finally drinks 6 oz bottles if she goes 3 hours between feedings, nurses about 3x a night, is kind of sort of getting more interested in eating solid foods.
- Laughs and giggles at kisses.
- Cries on the toilet
- 27 3/4” long, 19lb 14oz
- Sits up on his own
- Crawls really fucking fast to follow me everywhere I go
- Uses everything and anything to pull to stand
- Has fallen off the bed 2x, slipped while standing countless times, tries to fly off the sofa so far unsuccessfully (whats up cat like skillz mama)
- Says “insert crazy zombie like noises here” and “maaawmawww”
- Cries hysterically.. a lot.
- Refuses a bottle 3/4 of the time and only drinks 3 or 4 oz when he takes one, nurses about 100x a night, freaking loves solid food so much that it is hard for him to go poopl
- Laughs and giggles in the face of danger, and tickles.
- Goes poop in the toilet.
I am sure that there are other things to share with you, but I am also pretty sure that most people have started scrolling past this post so I am going to wrap it up with a pic of me and my sweet sweet babies.
I don’t think that we will ever get a photo with all 3 of us looking at Daddy. Well unless Daddy can get a hold of a bloody mary, a pony, and a bowl of smashed beans all at once.